An important conference — Resilient Woodlands: meeting the challenges — is taking place at Birmingham on 1st October, and places are still available.
The conference is not only where people can hear the first results of the British Woodlands Survey 2015 but also listen to a top level line up of speakers raising the questions we need to consider about the impact of climate change on our woods and offering their perspectives on measures to support moves towards increased resilience. Organised jointly by the Royal Forestry Society and the Woodland Trust it promises to be a lively conference with plenty of time for discussion which anybody with an active interest in the long term health of our woods will benefit from attending.
- Mike Townsend, Woodland Trust
- Dr Gabriel Hemery, Sylva Foundation
- Duncan Stone, Scottish Natural Heritage
- Graham Taylor, Pryor and Rickett
- Professor Rob Mackenzie, BiFor
- Dr Tom Tew, Vincent Wildlife Trust
- Philippe Morgan, President, Pro Silva
A full programme and booking details can be found here.