Course date: 20th January 2018, 9.30am – 4.00pm
A one-day course to learn how to work with green wood using a pole lathe and make something to take home at the end of the day. Learn with expert green woodworker and experienced tutor Peter Wood.
For centuries the Bodgers used the methods you’ll learn on this course to produce a variety of items. You will work a freshly sawn log though each stage needed to make a useful household object, such as a garden dibber or baby’s rattle to take home. Each student will have the full use of a pole lathe, shaving horse and set of greenwood working tools.
On the course you will learn:
- how to safely use the tools provided
- how to carefully select logs for working
- how to cleave (split) the logs for working
- how to shape the wood using a shaving horse and drawknife
- how to turn greenwood using a pole lathe.
Cost: £95 per person
Venue: Sylva Wood Centre, Oxfordshire, OX14 4QT
Tutor: Peter Wood, Founder of Greenwood Days www.greenwooddays.co.uk