Guitar Maintenance and Repair Course
Saturday 3rd March 2018 9:30am – 4:00pm
In this new one-day course learn how to perform guitar ‘set-ups’ so that your guitar sounds and plays at its best.
The course is run with expert tuition by local luthier Steve Kendall.
All types of guitar catered for: acoustic, electric, and bass.
- Learn how to measure and assess the ‘before’ and ‘after’ conditions of an instrument
- Learn the theory behind intonation adjustment
- Learn how the truss rod works and how (and why) to adjust it
- Understand guitar electrics and how to repair or upgrade them
- Learn how to repair worn frets and perform fret dressing
- Learn how to adjust the guitar bridge, neck and nut for optimum payability
Cost: £100 per person
Venue: Sylva Wood Centre, Oxfordshire, OX14 4QT
Tutor: Steve Kendall, Luthier
About the tutor
Steve Kendall has been fascinated by guitars since early childhood and he made his first electric bass guitar at the age of 14. He began learning how to make instruments properly with a lute maker in the ‘80’s. Since 1993 he has repaired, improved, or made guitars and basses for musicians from ‘bedroom-only standard’ to famous professionals. For the last 15 years, he has worked from his stone-built workshop in the Oxfordshire village of East Hanney.