Usage of myforest.org.uk (“the Website")
Rules for all users
When you register to use the Website, you will be asked to create an account and provide certain personal information. Information you submit will be used in accordance with the myForest Privacy Notice.
Your submission of information and documents to the Website constitute your affirmation THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS.
You agree to the following rules/restrictions and acknowledge that violation of any of them constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your access to the Website without further notice, in our sole discretion:
- You will not engage in fraudulent activity of any kind, including by forging information, impersonating other people, contributing information which you know to be false, misleading, inaccurate or incomplete, or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You will not use the Website in any manner that may be considered objectionable, such as by using the Website to upload, post, display, or otherwise transmit any content that is false, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, libellous, criminal or invasive of another's privacy.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Website, use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- You will not launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," or other mechanisms, that access the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than can reasonably be produced by an individual in the same period using a conventional on-line web browser.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Website and will not use the Website for unlawful purposes.
- You will not knowingly post, upload, email, link to, or otherwise transmit any content that contains any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer software or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or impair others' ability to enjoy the Website, or the proper functioning of any software or hardware or equipment or materials used in connection with the Website.
- You will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any existing local, national or international copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, patent, right of publicity or privacy, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person or entity whatsoever.
- If any security breach or unauthorized use of your account occurs, you will notify the Sylva Foundation immediately in writing or via email. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are responsible for any unauthorised use.
The Website's directories
Although reasonable efforts are made to ensure woodland owners, managers, tradesmen, suppliers and companies listed on the Website's directories are legitimate and reputable. The Sylva Foundation cannot be held responsible for any work carried out or goods supplied nor do we control or are held responsible for prices of such services, products and goods, availability, competency, suitability of woodland owners, managers, tradesmen, companies and suppliers listed on or linking to www.myForest.org.uk.
The Sylva Foundation accepts no liability for any transactions which take place between you and any parties listed on the Website.
The Sylva Foundation will have no liability to you for any losses, damages or expenses arising from your use or inability to use or access the Website or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the Website.