There are a number of ways you can support Sylva Foundation, from becoming a friend to committing to long-term support of our charitable work.
Read more below:
Join the Sylva Friends, and genuinely become a friend of our dynamic small charity.
The Sylva Friends scheme is for anyone who shares our vision for a society that cares for nature while living in harmony with it.
We hope you may be interested in becoming a Sylva Friend because you love what we do and how we do it.
Benefits of becoming a Sylva Friend:
- a quarterly Sylva Friends eNews offering unique insights into our work and special features
- 10% discount in our online shop
- early-bird opportunities (e.g. ticketed events, prints, books etc.)
- exclusive access to bonus material, including recorded talks and presentations by our team
- The knowledge that you are making a long-lasting difference to our work
As a Sylva Companion you have the opportunity of helping us make a real difference to the world.
Sylva Companions help us to inspire young people, provide innovative software for woodland owners, support craftspeople and undertake important research.
Sylva Companions can either give a one-off donation of £5,000. You could also choose to pledge £1,000 per annum for five years.
Benefits of becoming a Sylva Companion:
In addition to all of the benefits of being a Sylva Friend, becoming a Sylva Companion will give you:
- the opportunity to see first-hand how your gift is making a difference
- the choice to be acknowledged in our Annual Report
- the opportunity to connect with our staff and an invitation to exclusive events
- The knowledge that you are making a major impact on our work, both now and in the future.
For more information about becoming a Sylva Companion please get in touch:
Our Patrons are committed to the long-term support of Sylva Foundation through major philanthropic gifts.
Our Patrons have a deep and personal involvement with Sylva Foundation and make a transformational difference to achieving a sustainable society and environment.
Benefits of becoming a Sylva Patron:
In addition to all the benefits listed above, Sylva Patrons work closely with Sylva leadership; from allocating the gift according to their wishes, to choosing their personalised acknowledgement.
For more information about becoming a Sylva Patron please get in touch:
Sylva Foundation can deliver a corporate partnership that will allow us to nurture a stronger wood culture, and grow an even better future together.
Vastern Timber has been working with Sylva Foundation in supplying materials and support from their 1% Timber Tax initiative.
Why should your company become a Sylva Corporate Partner?
- We can help you achieve your business objectives through our commitment to achieving a sustainable society and environment
- We can provide volunteering and pro-bono opportunities for staff to boost staff skills
For more information about becoming a Sylva Corporate Partner please get in touch:
Making a donation in memory of someone special, is a meaningful way to create a legacy in their name.
You can make a one-off donation, organise a collection at a funeral, or fundraise in someone’s memory.
For more information about making an In Memory donation please get in touch:
Leave a Gift in your Will
Leaving a legacy gift to Sylva Foundation is a powerful way to ensure your commitment to our charitable work continues beyond your lifetime.
Sylva Foundation believes that trees and forests underpin life on earth, and, if cared for as part of a dynamic living landscape, they will benefit both people and nature.
If you share this belief then leaving a gift in your Will could make a transformative difference to our ongoing work to achieve a sustainable society and environment.
If you leave a gift in your will to Sylva Foundation, in return we promise:
- to treat you and your family with consideration and respect
- to adhere to your wishes and spend your gift wisely
- to respect your privacy if you choose not to inform us
- To respect your decision if you change your mind at any time
Learn more here about leaving a gift to Sylva Foundation.
For more information about leaving a Gift in your Will, please get in touch:
Sylva Foundation is registered with the Fundraising Regulator, showing our commitment to fundraising in line with the Code of Fundraising Practice in a way that is legal, open, honest and respectful.
Sylva volunteers gain great satisfaction knowing their skills and efforts help us to achieve an even greater impact.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds.
Some want to give back to society and help the environment, while others are young people, gaining relevant work experience to help them with a chosen career.
Whatever the motivation, get in touch to discuss how you can volunteer with Sylva.
Our Sylva volunteers are involved in:
- Production of fundraising films
- Strategic and business planning
- Giving business advice to young entrepreneurs at the Wood Centre
- Developing a new science project (post-graduate intern)
- Education assistant roles
- Curating national touring exhibitions
Volunteering at Sylva gave me a real sense of purpose. Not only was it a worthwhile use of my time, but I gained a real appreciation for the charity’s work in combating the impact of climate change.S Wilkinson
No Posts Found
Please get in touch to find out more, or enquire about other volunteer opportunities if none are displayed here.