The drawings in the award-winning book The New Sylva were created by internationally-renowned artist Sarah Simblet while she was artist-in-residence for the Sylva Foundation. Now a selection of 80 special edition prints are being auctioned to raise money for our charitable activities.
The 80 prints will be listed on eBay under special conditions that support charities; meaning 100% of sales proceeds come to the charity. Given the high number of items, they will be listed in batches of approximately ten items over eight weeks. The auction will run through July, August and early September.
We have a created a page on our website which shows all 80 prints that will be listed in the auction: www.sylva.org.uk/auction
If you see a particular print that may wish to bid on, but which is not listed yet, you can subscribe to receive notice of new items on our auction page on eBay: www.ebay.co.uk/usr/sylva_foundation
About the Special Edition Prints
Artist Sarah Simblet rarely sells her work as prints. This represents a unique investment and a special opportunity for fans of her stunning drawings. Each print will be signed by Sarah Simblet, and accompanied by an attractive Certificate of Authenticity, signed by both authors of The New Sylva.
- Printing has been calibrated by the artist to ensure the finest quality reproduction.
- Each print will be signed by the artist Sarah Simblet.
- Each print is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by both authors of The New Sylva.
- A unique embossing seal is applied on both the print and certificate, the latter including a red foil backing. The seal celebrates the 350th anniversary of John Evelyn’s Sylva of 1664. It reads: The New Sylva // 1664~2014 // Special Edition Print.
- Only one copy of each print will be sold with its accompanying certificate of authenticity, which includes the drawing title and page number from The New Sylva.
- The giclee prints have been produced by a specialist fine art printmaker on 330 gsm Galerie Prestige Gold Cotton paper with light-fast inks. There are no optical brighteners employed in the production of this paper, giving longevity and crisp image stability and detail, and it is typically used for gallery and museum-quality prints.
- The Certificate of Authenticity adopts the same font and colours used in text of The New Sylva book. It measures A4 in size, and has been produced by the same professional printmaker.
- The 80 prints range in size. The size of this specific listing is provided at the top of the description.
- The print and certificate will be supplied unmounted and rolled in a large diameter tube, allowing the winning bidder to mount and frame to suit the final placement of the artwork.