Buy your loved one a present with a difference this Christmas, or treat yourself. Book a one-day course to learn how to work with green wood using simple hand tools, and make a ‘basic’ three-legged stool.
Course date: 25th February, 9.30am – 4.00pm
- Learn about different tree species and understand why different woods are suitable for different tasks, how growth effects its use, and look at wood suitable for cleaving.
- Learn how to cleave wood.
- Learn basic axe work to rough shape the stool legs.
- Use a shaving horse, drawknives and spokeshaves to shape three stool legs.
- Shape a simple stool seat using planes, inshaves, travishers and spokeshaves.
- There will also be a pole lathe for participants to ‘have a go’ at turning as time allows.
Cost: £95 per person
Venue: Sylva Wood Centre, Oxfordshire, OX14 4QT
Tutor: Peter Wood, Founder of Greenwood Days www.greenwooddays.co.uk
Book your place: https://sylva.charitycheckout.co.uk/greenwooddaysfeb2017