The Sylva Wood Centre in South Oxfordshire — dedicated to innovation in home-grown wood — will open in 2015. We are now inviting expressions of interest from existing Small and Medium Enterprises whose main business relates to wood, and from fledgling businesses.
Units are available to rent by small and medium enterprises whose business is related to wood.
- Purpose-built self-contained units dedicated for use by wood-based businesses. 3 phase electrics throughout. Roller shutter access to main building. High levels of natural light.
- Unit sizes from 145 to 2,000 square feet.
- Excellent facilities including communal kitchen and rest room, toilets, shower, phone, internet.
- Covered external space available to rent.
- Access to Teaching Workshop provides opportunities for those wishing to run courses.
- Users will benefit from joining a community of like-minded craftspeople and businesses, with the potential to share resources and collaborate, and increase the profile of their business.
- Attractive rural location yet close to major urban centres with good transport links.
Download information sheet – you are welcome to circulate this among your contacts.
Through the Wood Centre we also aim to foster new talent and encourage enterprise. ‘Business Incubation Units’ are available for fledgling wood-based businesses, featuring affordable subsidised rent and easy-in/easy-out flexible terms. Users will have access to the same excellent facilities available to established SMEs, and will also benefit from:
- gaining support for your business by being part of a community of users.
- expanding your contacts and networks.
- exploring opportunities for work collaboration.
Applications are considered on an individual basis. Download application information