Ten years ago, in March 2009, Sylva Foundation was registered as a charity. Our small and dedicated team seems to be busier than ever, so we’re not celebrating in any major way, other than adding the dates to our logo during our tenth year.
We’re looking forward to the year ahead. Here are some of our planned activities for 2019:
- Publish our report on the survey Bringing Children Closer to Nature (read more) and take more action to support outdoor learning across England
- Complete further reverse auctions (e.g. natural flood management in the Somerset Levels), to deliver innovative solutions for sustainable land management
- Reconstruct the House of Wessex on our land with help from volunteers (read more and get involved)
- Deliver a wide range of practical courses with our new Head of Wood School (read more and sign up)
- Welcome hundreds of people to the Sylva Wood Centre during Oxfordshire Artweeks
- Renovate another derelict farm building at the Sylva Wood Centre to support more business enterprise and innovation
- Develop a mobile app for myForest
- Deliver learning and support for sustainable woodland management
- Support an Ash Summit for Oxfordshire
Thank you to all our friends and supporters who have worked with us over the last ten years. Here’s to a sustainable future!