We are pleased to announce an Ignite training courses to be held at the Sylva Wood Centre on 12th October: Managing woods for woodfuel.
- Management systems – management regimes that can be applied to different woodland types
- Crop assessment – techniques for measuring standing timber, timber quality and potential markets
- Harvesting and extraction – small scale operation techniques, machinery and equipment in use in the UK today
- Conversion of the timber into woodfuel, ensuring compliance with the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and Biomass Suppliers List (BSL) reporting requirements.
- The day includes a practical site visit to demonstrate in-forest timber measurement in a local woodland.
The course date and venue is:
- Wednesday 12th October – Sylva Wood Centre, Long Wittenham, Oxford, OX14 4QT
All Ignite courses are Lantra Awards accredited and trainees receive a certificate of attendance.
Ignite is an innovative training programme of practical seminars and interactive workshops with a focus on woodfuel. Ignite is designed for those wanting to know more about woodfuel and to equip new and existing woodfuel businesses with the skills and knowledge required to meet the increasing demand for high quality products from this growing alternative market. Compliance with the sustainability requirements for fuel supplied to systems receiving RHI payments are a key feature of all our Ignite courses.
To book, please contact Erica Spencer at RDI Associates by:
- Telephone: 0845 226 2890
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or complete the online booking form here.
Full course details are available on the RDI website: http://www.ruraldevelopment.org.uk/events/categories/training-course/