The Forestry Commission (FC) England has recently updated their management planning template and the associated guidance document.
The template is the recommended format for FC England’s Woodland Planning Grant.
The new planning layout and information fields have now been incorporated into the myForest management planning template.
There are now a number of additional information fields to enter, details of which are described below.
The updates include (myForest notes in brackets):
- New woodland information features
(Section 2 – Further information is required on designated areas and also if there are any designated areas adjacent to the woodland).
- Basic woodland inventory data (species, age, Yield Class) with the short term plan of operations –
(Section 7 – Most of the new information required is covered by the myForest compartment inventory information. However one additional piece of information is the requirement for Yield Class (YC). A definition of YC is provided in the myForest management plan template).
- Plan authors can provide additional information on proposed harvesting operations in order to obtain a 10 year felling permission and / or CPET category B status.
(This is relates to Section 10 of the management plan template and has been updated in the myForest plan. One of the main changes has been the requirement to put estimated felling volumes for each compartment over a 20 year period. This is a requirement for the new Woodfuel Woodland Improvement Grant).
- Changes to the 2011 revision to UK Forestry Standard (UKFS) and the UK Woodland Assurance Standard (UKWAS).
- The new template must be used for all new Woodland Planning Grant applications.
(the new template can be found here and the guidance document can be found here).
We have made a few additional improvements to the plan layout as well which we hope will help the myForest management planning process.