Judges for the Royal Forestry Society’s excellence in forestry award 2010 decided that the outright winner was Bladon C of E Primary School near Woodstock for their work in the OneOak project with the Sylva Foundation.
The children and school will be presented with the award at the Bentley Wood Fair near Lewes on Friday
The children really enjoyed talking about what they had done to a very interested audience. They were at ‘stations’ around the class room and the judges just chose who they wanted to speak to first, then each of the visited to each pair. The children would have felt very aggrieved if they hadn’t! The children said:
- we did a lot of work, and enjoyed it
- we are proud of what we did
- the judges were smiling all the time and looked very pleased
- they were very nice and kind
- they asked a lot of questions
- we were organised – each pair had their own piece of work/exhibit/art/photos of trips to show to the judges.
Read more about the Royal Forestry Society Excellence in Forestry Award.