We were pleased to have been approached by the Woodland Trust for help in developing a new national resource for schools to be called Tree Tools for Schools. The resources are now live on the Woodland Trust website.
Our team adapted some existing Sylva Foundation education resources to develop the ‘Working with Wood’ activities. The activity worksheets and teachers notes cover five topic areas all linked to subjects areas in the Key Stage 2 Primary School Curriculum:
- What does wood mean to you? Learn how wood has been used throughout history and how it is used today.
- Different trees for different needs! Discover the many reasons for planting trees. And find out how a tiny acorn grows into a mighty oak!
- The story of wood: from tree to table! Follow the journey of a tree from the forest to the sawmill and see how it’s transformed into a table.
- What are broadleaf and conifer trees? Learn about hardwoods and softwoods, and how they are different.
- The power of planting trees! Find out why we need to plant millions more trees in the UK. And start your own campaign to inspire others!
Visit the Woodland Trust website